Microsoft Mastering SharePoint as a Business Intelligence Platform
- Includes roundtrip airfare and lodging (for boot camps held in Georgia)
- Hands-on instruction by a certified instructor
- Includes all course materials
- On-site Testing
- Lunch & Snacks provided each day
Microsoft Business Intelligence (BI) solutions can leverage your existing technology investments in SQL Server, Microsoft Office, and SharePoint Server to develop rich, integrated reporting and analytical experiences. This empowers users to gain access to accurate, up-to-date information for better, more relevant, decision making.
In this hands-on course, you will learn how to build customized, browser-based BI solutions in SharePoint Server 2013 utilizing SQL Server Analysis Services, Reporting Services, PerformancePoint, Excel Services and PowerPivot. Beginning with learning the concepts behind Business Intelligence strategies, hands-on exercises will guide you through the process of building and customizing solutions for your organization, and allow you to explore tools readily available for users to create, analyze, and report on data.
What You Will Learn
After attending this course, students will be able to:
- Utilize a Microsoft Business Intelligence infrastructure to analyze and report on data.
- Understand SharePoint 2013's Business Intelligence feature set.
- Understand the tools that are available and how to determine their target audience.
- Use a SharePoint deployment to manage data connections, reports, dashboards, and KPIs.
- Implement dashboard solutions based on automatically updating data.
- Understand the effectiveness of reports and dashboards from a consumer perspective.
- Utilize SharePoint's Collaborative and Social Networking features to increase the effectiveness of your Business Intelligence solutions.
- Use Business Connectivity Services to connect business solutions to external data sources.
- Develop Business Intelligence solutions to meet specific business needs.
This course is intended for anyone responsible for creating and managing a business process or knowledge sharing platform, including:
- Business Analysts
- Financial Analysts
- Business Intelligence Developers
- Solution Architects
- Database Administrators
- Project Managers
- Decisions Makers
I. What is Business Intelligence?
- A. What is Business Intelligence?
- B. SharePoint as a Business Intelligence Platform
- C. What to Expect
- D. What this Course Does NOT Cover
II. Understanding the Business Intelligence Toolkit
- A. Business Intelligence Communities
- B. Matching the User to the Tool
- C. Using SharePoint as a Portal for Business Intelligence
III. Understanding Data Marts and Data Warehouses
- A. What is a Data Mart Warehouse?
- B. Concepts of Data Marts and Warehouses
- C. SQL Server Analysis Services
IV. Data Sources
- A. What is Trusted Data?
- B. Confirming Trusted Data
- C. Data Sources
V. SharePoint and Business Intelligence
- A. SharePoint Concepts Utilized in Business Intelligence
- B. SharePoint's Business Intelligence Components
VI. The Business Intelligence Center
- A. Exploring the Business Intelligence Center
- B. Creating a Business Intelligence Center
VII. PerformancePoint Services
- A. What is PerformancePoint?
- B. PerformancePoint Components
- C. Business Intelligence Components
- D. The Dashboard Designer
VIII. Excel Services
- A. Understanding Excel Services
- B. Configuring Excel Web Services
- C. Working with Excel Services
- D. Excel Services Best Practices
IX. Microsoft PowerPivot
- A. What is PowerPivot?
- B. PowerPivot vs. Excel
- C. Using PowerPivot
- D. Using PowerPivot with SharePoint
X. Visio Services
- A. Understanding Visio Services
- B. Configuring Visio Web Services
- C. Working with Visio Services
XI. Reporting Services
- A. Reporting Services and SharePoint Server
- B. Accessing Data
- C. Report Data Regions
- D. Parameters
- E. Report Parts
- F. Charts
- G. Report Builder 3.0
- H. SharePoint Report Viewer Web Part
XII. Business Connectivity Services
- A. What are Business Connectivity Services?
- B. External Content Types
- C. BCS Models
- D. Using External Data
IPLearning.net is your best choice for SharePoint Business Intelligence Platform,
SharePoint Business Intelligence Platform training,
SharePoint Business Intelligence Platform certification,
SharePoint Business Intelligence Platform certification boot camp,
SharePoint Business Intelligence Platform boot camp,
SharePoint Business Intelligence Platform certification training,
SharePoint Business Intelligence Platform boot camp training,
SharePoint Business Intelligence Platform boot camp certification,
SharePoint Business Intelligence Platform certification course,
SharePoint Business Intelligence Platform course,
training SharePoint Business Intelligence Platform,
certification SharePoint Business Intelligence Platform,
boot camp SharePoint Business Intelligence Platform,
certification SharePoint Business Intelligence Platform boot camp,
certification SharePoint Business Intelligence Platform training,
boot camp SharePoint Business Intelligence Platform training,
certification SharePoint Business Intelligence Platform course.