Adobe InDesign Advanced
Our Advanced InDesign classes are hands-on and project-driven. In this advanced class, we will work on enhancing the quality of the type with a lesson on advanced typography, styles (paragraph styles, character styles, object styles, cell styles, table styles and GREP styles), best practices for working with Photoshop and Illustrator graphics, formatting tables, and printing and exporting. For more details on the specific features covered, see the list under Class Topics.
Because students will work along with the instructor to complete a series of projects, we recommend using two displays in our online classes (this could be two monitors, two computers or a computer and a tablet), so that the student can keep one eye on the instructor's screen as they work.
A copy of the workbook and the data files will be made available to you prior to the start of the class. The workbook for this class is available as either a paperback or as an eBook. You will select the type of book you prefer during the check-out process.
Who Should Attend the Advanced InDesign Training Class?
This class is designed for someone who has either completed the Introduction to Adobe InDesign class, or has been using InDesign long enough to feel comfortable designing basic documents. The focus of this class is to locate and fill in the gaps in your knowledge while streamlining your workflow using the more advanced features of InDesign. Layout is a deadline-driven business, and this class will help you get your publication to the printer in a timely manner and still have your nights and weekends for yourself. As with all of our advanced classes, we welcome all of your questions, so feel free to bring a list to class and your instructor will try to work in as many into the class as possible.
Students attending this training class should have completed our beginning InDesign class, or have equivalent experience.
Working with Typography
- Learn how to fine-tune your typography, including drop caps for leading the eye into a paragraph, hanging punctuation, precision line-and character-spacing controls, glyphs, tabs, paragraph rules and how to automatically balance text in columns.
Working with Styles
- We review the use of paragraph and character styles, plus how to nest character styles within a paragraph style, and learn how to define and apply object styles, table styles and cell styles.
Importing and Modifying Graphics
- Learn how to make the Links panel work for you, and how to optimize Illustrator and Photoshop files for use in an InDesign layout using layers, layer comps, alpha channels and paths.
- Learn how format a table with header rows, graphics and row/column patterns, and how to save the formatting as table, cell styles and paragraph styles.
Output and Exporting
- Learn how to use the Preflight and Package commands when preparing files to send out for commercial printing. Creating a "good" PDF document is also covered.
IPLearning.net is your best choice for InDesign Advanced,
InDesign Advanced training,
InDesign Advanced certification,
InDesign Advanced certification boot camp,
InDesign Advanced boot camp,
InDesign Advanced certification training,
InDesign Advanced boot camp training,
InDesign Advanced boot camp certification,
InDesign Advanced certification course,
InDesign Advanced course,
training InDesign Advanced,
certification InDesign Advanced,
boot camp InDesign Advanced,
certification InDesign Advanced boot camp,
certification InDesign Advanced training,
boot camp InDesign Advanced training,
certification InDesign Advanced course.